This is a great, healthy new recipe from our friends at Petuna
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 25ml sake
- 25ml rice vinegar
- 4 skinless ocean trout fillets (approx 150g each)
- 1 packet of soba noodles
- 150g snow peas halved diagonally
- 1 bunch broccolini cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
Sesame ginger dressing
- 5 ml soy sauce
- 25ml each or mirin and rice vinegar
- 10 ml sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Serves 4
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Combine soy sauce, sugar, sake and rice vinegar in a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to a glaze (5–6 minutes).
Place ocean trout, skin-side down, on a baking paper-lined oven tray, brush thickly with glaze and bake until just pink (4–5 minutes)(ours was 8 minutes, also glazed after cooking as well), then break into chunks and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook soba noodles according to packet instructions, rinse under cold running water, divide among serving bowls and set aside.
To make sesame ginger dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Blanch snow peas and broccolini in a pot of boiling water (approx 1–2 minutes), then refresh. Drain, add to serving bowls, and then add julienne carrot, shallot and ocean trout pieces. Drizzle over sesame-ginger dressing, toss to combine.
Place ocean trout on serving dishes and pour over sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the ocean trout and serve with steamed rice and Asian greens.