Cooking time: 10 mins
Preparation time: 15 mins
- 4 x 120-150g Ora Salmon Fresh Portion, skin on, pin-boned
- 8-12 dried whole or 1 cup dried sliced Chinese or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons miso paste, preferably white miso
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce or soba soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (white and/or black)
- Noodles and dressing
- 320-360g dried soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini (16 stems), chopped in half
- 1⁄4 cup light soya sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
Soak mushrooms in boiling water for 15 minutes until soft. Drain mushrooms, cool and slice if whole mushrooms.
Preheat oven to 200oC grill. Place salmon fillets, flesh side up, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Mix miso paste, brown sugar, soya sauce and sesame oil together and spread over salmon. Sprinkle over sesame seeds. Grill for 7-8 minutes or until salmon is just cooked.
Cook noodles in boiling water until just cooked (do not over cook). Drain and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large fry pan. Add garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is just starting to caramelise, then add broccolini and sliced mushrooms and fry a further 2-3 minutes until broccolini is just cooked. To make the dressing, mix the soya sauce, rice vinegar, sesame and vegetable oil and brown sugar. Add drained noodles and dressing to the wok, toss everything together and turn off the heat.
To serve, divide noodles and vegetables between plates and top with a fillet of salmon.