This recipe was sourced from Good Living
For the salsa salmoriglio
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons, strained
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
For the barbecue
- 4 leatherjackets, each weighing about 500g
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Make the salsa first.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the back of a large knife and put them in a non-reactive stainless steel or ceramic bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk energetically until well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust for salt if necessary.
- Prepare the barbecue so the plate is clean and hot.
- Brush the leatherjackets with the olive oil and season both sides of each fish with salt.
- Place the fish on the barbecue and, once turned, spoon a little of the salsa on each fish.
- When the leatherjackets are cooked, serve with a little more of the salsa on the side.